Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mostly finished! (Where I've been for more than a week...)


My husband and I spent over a week painting our bedroom and laying the last of the laminate flooring.  I sincerely told him that I did not want anything for my birthday (other than the floor down!) and he came through for me.  The floor is Brazilian Cherry laminate from Harmonics, which we had gotten at Costco a few years ago.  Our bedroom was the last room we had to do and I can't tell you how happy I am to have that stack of wood on the floor instead of stacked up against the wall.

We chose Ginko leaf as the color (available at True Value) and it thankfully only took two coats.  We purposely chose a paint with primer in it to make painting easier.  Our house came spanking white with some odd paint on all the walls.  It was a white flat on steroids because it had a somewhat gritty texture that made it uber thirsty to paint over. 

Now, I have every excuse to go browsing for new bed linens and curtains to hang!

The plus side of all this sweat equity is that my allergies improved some and hubby's snoring went down a few decibels too.  Win-win!

It took a lot of work, but we're so glad it's done.  It's been on the honey-do list for a long time and now we can cross it off!  

No comments: