Thursday, October 01, 2015

Handmade presents/gifts from Etsy: The Crooked Yarn

One of my friends supplements her income by selling some of her handmade items on Etsy.  Her Etsy store is The Crooked Yarn, so be sure to check it out!  Right now, she has some handmade baby blankets and dish cloths, as well as some mighty fine looking doilies.  She also takes requests, so make sure you check out her solds, too!  Click on where it says "161 sales", as that's the current tally of her sales through Etsy.  You'll be able to view past items.  Some items are open to offers so that she can clear her inventory and get hooking on another project.

A few of her items currently available.  Blanket great for boy or a girl baby!

Handmade items are a unique gift, as they are never all exactly the same.  As someone who crochets and knits myself, I can attest that a lot of work goes into a finished product.  If you've seen a meme around Facebook that lays out how much yarn costs for a blanket and the time expended, I think you'll agree that her prices are quite fair and reasonable.  Want different colors, ask her for a custom order. 

Great for gift baskets of handcrafted soaps or personal care items.
What is your most favorite item in her store?  Leave me a comment below!  I always love looking at baby blankets.  I keep praying for another family member to have a baby so I can make them a blanket and get to play with colors and design elements.   If you stop by Marie Anne's store, let her know I said hi!

Disclosure:  I'm sharing images and information about my friend's Etsy store.  She didn't pay me to do so!  I do so freely of my own will.

1 comment:

Marie Anne said...

Thanks so much for sharing my Etsy store! As you know, I love to crochet and I especially love to play with different color combinations, and I'm open to creating custom orders for my customers. I also enjoy gifting items to others in need, and sales from my shop help me to continue to do that.

Thanks again ... you rock!