Monday, March 03, 2008

Surveys: Earn a little extra cash in your spare time

When I mention that I do surveys to earn a little extra cash from home, I almost always get asked how can it be worth it? What are the best sites to join? Do you really get money? The first question is easy, sure it is worth it. I generally try to do surveys when I am catching a few minutes of the Factor on Fox or when I just need a mental break from chasing after a 3 year old.

What are the best sites to join? Well, that is a tricky question. Not every survey site is going to generate the same income for the next guy. I always suggest that you sign up for every legitimate survey site you can that matches your interests. To be sure, I would not be considered an IT professional (though if you are, do sign up for their panels as they pay very well). I figure that over a period of a few months, most people can separate the wheat from the chaff, so as to speak. But by signing up for dozens of panels you can get a firm idea of which ones are going to work for you. It also pretty much guarantees you will get surveys on a frequent basis.

Do I really get money? Sure I do, else I wouldn't waste my time doing these. I have never yet had a survey company stiff me by not sending a check or gift card or other reward as promised.

What do I recommend? I will be making posts about my experiences with various survey companies, so be sure to check those out. I do not waste my time on spamming sites, all of the ones I will feature are legit. I'll be tagging them with the word "survey" so they will be easy to find in my Labels section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, I thought all of those were just fake. I look forward to learning more!

Pinching Abe said...

Thanks Dee! Nope, not all of them are fakes... and I'll be posting more reviews of the survey companies that I do that pay :)