Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Meme tag post

My friend, Michelle, over at Mad About Kids tagged me for a meme post. Like her, I was never what you would call popular in school. Sometimes it bothered me, but most of the times not. I had my own niche of friends (found mostly through my more social sister) and for the most part, I didn't have a miserable, lonely existence in high school. I was extremely shy around guys and didn't really date much. My husband didn't feel too bad for me, since no guys like to hear about ex boyfriends and frankly, I didn't have many to talk about! But that is another story!

So here goes, here's my Meme:

What is your name and where were you born? Pinching Abe. Well, that is what I call myself since I like to pinch pennies. I grew up in Northwestern Pennsylvania in a little burg that had 300 people (a generous estimate) and no stop light. We had an elementary school, but high schoolers were bussed about 10 miles away to attend a 7-12 high school.


Are you married and if so, when did you get married? I am married and have been married to my fabulous hubby for going on 12 years. We got married in July 1996, not much more than a year after our first date. It was love at first sight (at least for me, LOL).


How many kids do you have and what are their ages? I have two kids (a third is still undergoing negotiations) and they are 7 and 3. One of each; a matched set. My 7 year old told me once when she was little that she loved me 10 coupons! How funny is that? She was my little shopping buddy, grabbing those Smart Source coupons out of the blinky machines at the time.

Any health issues or concerns for your family? For the most part, we are healthy... well, most of us. The kids are in great health and there needs to be some improvement in us adults' health. I have a wheat allergy (not celiac, they did a blood test for that) so life has been fun for the past year while I try to adjust to life without wheat. I do backslide (a lot at times) and eat pastries, etc. Sometimes they are hard to resist or I just have been so deprived I can't help myself and gobble cookies like Cookie Monster. I have found some edible wheat free alternative foods, but they are hard to come by living out here in the boonies. I have been unsuccessful at making gluten free bread.

Hubby is on the Atkins diet for the most part and that means a lot of meat. He does have some cholesterol issues, so we are choosing to buy less processed meats like hot dogs, lunch meats, etc. Meat is a huge grocery expense right now and I am impatiently waiting for the beer companies to start putting out their summer meat rebate forms.

Why do you blog? Originally, I started out blogging to promote some of my content on Associated Content, whom I write for occasionally. With AC, the more page views you garner, the more money you can make via their page view bonus. That is above and beyond any offer of money for what you have written. Since I love to save money, I had written several articles about saving money, living on one income, etc., I was able to work them into blog posts. It has just grown from there. I find that I like blogging very much and have encouraged others to blog as well. Well, that and I needed a blog buddy to help me figure some things out and two heads are better than one. I am not getting rich off my Google ads, that is for sure. LOL.


No comments: