Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Netwinner cancels pending prizes, re-awards points. Net backlash is highly likely.

If you are a Netwinner player, you are probably pretty angry right about now. Today, Netwinner sent out an email to many players explaining the sweeping changes to their gaming site. Among these sweeping changes is a mass cancellation of prizes to virtually everyone. Sure, they put double the points in your account; meanwhile, you aren't going to get the money you earned and were forced to redeem as an e-count card. Did you redeem for a gift card instead when that option was available? If yes, check your account because you aren't getting that either!

I was alerted to this net snag in the Netwinner empire by a close confidante that plays there occasionally. She forwarded me the email which states in unequivocable terms that Netwinner's "statistics" show that 40 percent (yes nearly half!) of people who use their site have committed fraud and earned points fraudulently. Huh? It took me a whole year to earn enough points, and even then I redeemed for a Barnes & Noble gift card a full 5 months ago. I never cheated so why am I being punished? Why is she? It is simply a smokescreen, folks. They are unjustly enriching themselves at their players' expense.

Did you land here because your prize is gone? Take a hike on over to the North Carolina Department of Justice site and download and print yourself a complaint form. Shoot Netwinner a nice email asking for your prize and demand it! Demand it and tell them if they don't fulfill you will file a complaint with the NCDOJ and then do it! I don't know about you, but I thought I was getting a prize. It is unfair to just give points back, plus a little extra, without warning, without due process, without a courtesy email, without anything and expect players to say, "Oh Well" and move on. That is what they want. Trust me, I know. I used to work for lawyers and most of the time, people don't sue even when they have a good, strong case. Netwinner wants people to be angry enough to just say the heck with it. Don't be that person and play into their mind games. Demand your prize, do it in writing and then follow through. I have already done so and received their declining response, which, by the way, I plan to attach to my formal complaint. Considering that they removed any evidence of any pending prize in my account, I truly appreciate their acknowledging that I was, in fact, due a prize.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Netwinner is a scam..just rip me off for $550.00..took me a year and half to win..they rip off thousands of other players they are not getting pay either..don't play netwinner you won't get pay.

Pinching Abe said...

I am waiting for their response to my BBB complaint. Today was the magic response date. I'll post the results. I do strongly urge everyone who was ripped off to follow through and file complaints where I mentioned in my post. Thanks for reading and sorry for your $550 loss. I did see the admin at Myinstantwin.com got ripped off for $2,000. Not that it is much consolation.

Anonymous said...

I will be filing a complaint against netwinner..my husband and daughter will be filing one also. I visted my account on netwinner for some screen shots..just in case everything should disappear. first time i notice all those people that had join up under me..that did not play since they joined.. suddenly is playing and even verify their email??? something is not right..it took those people over a year and half to start playing..