Wednesday, June 04, 2008

CVS Extra Bucks deals I did this week - Charmin/Bounty, Smart Rinse and others

I headed out to CVS after my allergy shots and was not disappointed (for the most part). I did find plenty of the Listerine Smart Rinse and managed to find two coupons in my coupon wallet for them, so I was able to make money there by using the coupons. I also snagged two Bounty and had to travel to another CVS for the Charmin to complete that deal. Sadly, I had no coupons for either product, but managed to earn the $10 extra care bucks after all.

It was surprising to me since it is rather late in the week and usually by now, the extra bucks items are long gone and you are staring at nothing but empty shelf space. That was what was so weird this week. I was able to get just about everything I wanted at one store.

I ended up being able to grab two CVS bandaids and get extra bucks for those and a surprise item was that I used the free Adidas coupon from All You, which expires on 6/15, to get the deodorant for free. I ended up getting the full amount back -$4.99 - in extra care bucks. There was no mention in the June book or this week's ad that I could find about this, so I was very pleasantly surprised to make money there too!

Although I wish I could stop buying diapers, I still need those training pants. I did manage to have a $1 coupon off the Pampers Easy Ups, so I grabbed two packs at $7.99 and two wipes at $2.99 to get over the $20 threshold. I got $5 bucks back, so it wasn't so bad of a deal for me after all. I just keep thinking of those Pampers Points that will eventually add up to a nice prize. I was able to redeem for a Melissa & Doug pizza set last Christmas, but quickly tired of chasing pieces of pepperoni, green peppers and mushrooms around the house!

No comments: