Thursday, May 27, 2010

Don't forget: Walmart has $5 a case Pop - Pepsi/Coke

I had to take my child to the doctor today and made a stop into Walmart for some cheap pop.  I've been watching the sales at Food Lion and they've been ranging about 4 for $11 or 4 for $12 on the 12-packs.  Now, I'm originally from Erie and let me tell you, up there, you just never paid more than $5 a case.  Granted, prices have gone up some since I moved 5 years ago, but coming to Virginia and browsing the grocery store was an eye opener when I first moved here!

Since hubby loves Diet Mountain Dew, I grabbed him a case of that and then I got myself a case of Dr. Pepper.  I plan to use my Walmart receipt for a $10 rebate from a beer company (no beer purchase required) on a $30 purchase of soda, meat, etc. so great for me! Cruise those beer aisles now that summer is here and maybe you'll get lucky and find a rebate you can use.  Beer forms have been non-existent here, replaced by an entry box to win a bike or other item.  I've put in several entries spread across several stores and have my fingers crossed!  If I win a bike, I won't have any good excuse not to ride it. 

3 comments:

Jessica S. said...

Following from Friendly Friday!
http://naturalbabygiveaways.com

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

New Follower
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

I look forward to checking out your blog more as soon as I finish the blog hop :)

I bought one of those cases today, tried to carry it in with the rest of my stuff from Wally World, because I only wanted to make one trip from the car, and the handle broke, coke cans were flying all over the parking lot. Too bad no one was at home to see me :)

SquirrelQueen said...

Following you back from Friendly Friday.

It took me awhile to track you down. You don't have a link to your blog on your follower icon but I remembered seeing your name on another blog. You have to manually add the link as Blogger doesn't do it for you.

Have a great weekend!