I recently had the opportunity to review a Brugo mug... or rather hubby did most of the using. This blog post is a review of the Brugo mug I was sent by the company and... wait for it.... there's also a giveaway so that you can enter to win your very own.
What I received from Brugo:
Using Brugo Mug's Tip & Sip Technology
It's so easy to use this mug because you literally just tip and sip. Take a look at this company provided photograph:
Did Brugo Mug deliver on it's perfect temperature coffee promise?
I asked my husband several times whether he thought that the Brugo mug was living up to its promise of delivering a cup of joe at the 'perfect degree of taste'. Yes! He did think that the coffee was within his range of (his words) 'not being the temperature of the sun'. In fact, he told me that he is used to letting his coffee cool down a bit before daring a sip and that he would have to get used to not doing that while using his Brugo mug.
Can you use a Brugo Mug for more than just coffee?
Funny you should ask. While you can use the mug for more than coffee, I would offer this caveat: don't expect the perfect temperature for tea. My husband often drinks a bedtime tea at night to unwind and we did use the mug for tea. While the mug did cool down the tea, it was still too hot for my husband to drink. However, I want to stress that this was sent to me as a coffee mug and we have GREAT results while using the mug for coffee. The Brugo site does state that the more you swill it around (brandy motion - is what they liken it to), the cooler it will be. He may just need to swill it around a bit more before reaching his ideal tea temperature.
Hot chocolate? Having been the one to wash the mug, I do want to mention that you will need to hand wash, so frothy foam may be a bit of a challenge to clean the cooling chamber (it is skinnier than a pencil) so if you did happen to get that area dirty with froth or what have you, you might need to clean it with a Q-tip or something else that is able to get into that area of the mug. An awesome idea would be to have Brugo design a special wand to clean their cooling chamber and include it with the mug when purchased.
Brugo mugs can be purchased at www.brugomugs.com. Right now for their summer sale, they are $14.95 when you buy two or more mugs (normally these retail for $19.95). If you spend over $50, the shipping is free. Think Christmas! Brugo is also able to accommodate corporate requests. Wouldn't you love to see your corporate logo on a stylish Brugo mug?
So, you want to WIN a Brugo mug?
Brugo has generously offered me the opportunity to giveaway one of their stylish mugs. I do want to let you know up front that they are unable to honor color requests, sorry! The color mug that you would receive as a winner is the luck of the draw.
1. This giveaway will run from today (7/15) through 7/28/2010 at 11:59 PM Eastern time. No entries made after 11:59 PM Eastern time on 7/28/2010 will be counted. The winner will be drawn using Random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to an email request to provide their shipping information to me for the purpose of Brugo's fulfillment of the prize. If you do not respond within 48 hours, I am sorry, but I will have to choose a new winner.
2. This giveaway is open to both US and Canadian residents. So if you are north of the border, you can enter too!
How to enter - leave a comment, first doing the mandatory entry than a comment for each additional entry that you wish to do for this giveaway:
Mandatory entry (you must do this before any other entries are counted)....
- Visit the sponsor's website and then come back to tell me something you learned. Try to find an odd factoid to share with everyone else!
- Become my Google Friend via Google Friend Connect (right side bar). If you are already counting among my best Google buds, just leave me a comment letting me know that we're already friends.
- Follow Brugo Mug on Twitter - if you are already following them from a previous giveaway that you didn't win, that's ok! Just let me know.
- If Facebook is more your thing, "Like" Brugo Mug on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall letting them know Pinching Abe at Making Ends Meet sent you.
- And finally, if you want to tweet out this giveaway for an extra entry, once daily, and you must tweet at least 12 hours apart, but only one time per day (so don't tweet at 11:59 PM and then again at 12:01 AM the next day (a mere 2 minutes apart..... We don't want to spam our Twitter friends ;) Tweet : Win a Brugo mug with patented temperature control tech at Making Ends Meet! http://tinyurl.com/25tu8bd