Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Redbox's Lucky to Have Friends Like You Promotion ... plus what makes me feel lucky! #redboxluck



This blog post is in response to a blogging opportunity from Redbox, via SocialMoms.  Learn about Redbox's refer-a-friend promotion and find out what makes me feel lucky!

One thing that makes me feel lucky is having such a wonderful family.  We enjoy watching movies together and when the Redbox kiosk showed up at our local 7-11 about a year ago, we were elated!  I love a bargain and their movies are just $1 for a DVD 1-day rental or just slightly more for a Blu-Ray.  Watching movies can get expensive, but Redbox makes it affordable for a lot of families to enjoy a little together time.  But what's better than a buck a movie?  Getting them for free, of course!  Right now, Redbox is running its 'Lucky to Have Friends Like You' promotion. 

Details you need to know about the Redbox 'Lucky to Have Friends Like You' promotion

You should definitely check out the promo info on the Redbox site, but here's a few pertinent details...
  • The Refer-A-Friend promotion only runs through 3/17/2011
  • Rental credits you earn are non-transferrable
  • You can't refer yourself
  • There's no limit to the number of online rental credits that you can earn via the personalized referral link you share with your friends and family
Again, be sure to read all of the promotion rules so you are aware of any expiration dates (10 days after credit is activated) or other exclusions.

What makes me feel lucky!

As promised, I will tell you what makes me feel lucky!  I have a bit o' Irish in me and I sometimes just feel lucky.  When I have a lucky feeling, I go buy a few scratch off lottery tickets.  At least half the time, I win a few bucks.  Luck is a feeling, much like happiness.  Either you feel lucky or you don't, much like either you feel sad or you feel happy.

Other things that make me feel lucky....
  • Other than my hubby and kids, I feel very lucky that we still have all of our parents.  My best friend from all the way back to kindergarten lost her mother a few years ago.  Other friends from high school have lost a parent, or in the case of one friend, both parents.  I worry about them more than I ever did when I was younger.  I remember turning 35 and flashing back to my grandpa's funeral in 1984.  My dad was about 35 when he lost his dad to a heart attack.  Life is so uncertain and you need to make sure that you tell everyone you love them like it is the last time you will ever see them.
  • Finding money!  I love to find money and I'm not just talking about finding money in my budget for extra splurges.  One time I found $10 outside a grocery store and I felt like a million bucks!  I have been known to stoop for pennies and there's nothing like pulling out a coat you haven't worn since last season and finding a few bucks inside.  
  • Winning contests makes me feel lucky too.  I have won some awesome prizes over the years and I always feel lucky when I win.  Our first trip to Disney was made possible by plane tickets that I won in a contest. 
  • Finding four leaf clovers is always lucky!  I remember, as a kid, spending hours searching our lawn for four leaf clovers, which we pressed between the pages of books.  Somehow, those four leaf clovers made me feel lucky (not sure why!)
  • Hitting all green lights is a sure sign of luck too.  This strange phenomenon only occurs once in a blue moon, but when it does, I feel like the luckiest person in the world!  
Be sure to check out the Redbox 'Lucky to Have Friends Like You' promotion and start referring friends share the luck before St. Patty's Day.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by.  I want to know what makes you feel lucky too!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and redbox blogging program, for a $25 Walmart gift card from redbox. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

About the Sponsor

About Redbox
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc., offers new release DVD and Blu-ray Disc rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than one billion movies and is available at more than 26,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald's restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. Finding the nearest redbox location is easy on www.redbox.com, via the redbox iPhone® or Droid application, or by texting REDBOX to 50101. For more information, visit www.redbox.com.

More info: http://www.redbox.com

Redbox on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/redbox

Redbox on Twitter: @redbox

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never found a four leaf clover! I'm so jealous!! And finding money is a good one! I wish I could reach in my pocket and find $100...LOL

Unknown said...

New follower and following you thru GFC. Ellen from Overworked Confessions sent me over to check you out. Very cute blog. I am still new at blogging with a little more than 2 months. I have no technical experience but am learning new things every day. I would really love it if you could follow me back. Thanks!

Mary@http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com

http://livingononeincome.blogspot.com/2011/03/redboxs-lucky-to-have-friends-like-you.html said...

I want to follow this series but I'm hoping that it could be available on phones also. That could be possible for those business minded people just like me. It could be a helping gear to me to start my business through the help of blogging.

online jobs said...

Redbox is totally a plus factor that me and my family are entertained and got together always. I get fascinated when this Redbox is in the aim of fulfilling the needs of the people. Just been wondering what else is this Redbox has been offering?

cheap international calls said...

Do Redbox be available in phones? I am hoping that this is so. Probably Redbox has a lot of resources and features. And also I am not fond of getting online, though it was one thing to consider in the modern world. I'm looking forward of more information regarding the Redbox on my phone.

lanscape gardener southend said...

Every weekend, our family goes out picnic but when the weather is not that fine, we prefer to watch a movie at home. It's so necessary to have such of bonding. We are tending to be close and have a good communications towards each other.

wholesale Wireless Accessories said...

I am just a sort of imagining how things are going on unto this RedBox. I am sure that this will be cool. I am putting up a business which is probably the same as this. But I don’t know yet if this will hit the demand of the economy.