Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Buddy Fruits Pure Fruit Bites product review

Are you looking for a pure fruit bites snack for lunches?  The kind folks at Buddy Fruits recently sent me samples of their Pomegranate and Acai and Apple fruit bites to try.  See what my kids had to say by reading the product review below.

What did we think at my house?  Well, let me tell you, I was truly surprised.  My 6 year old raved over the Pomegranate and Acai fruit bites.  He's not one to stray too far from the "normal" types of fruits like apples, oranges, bananas, or melons, and I was truly shocked that he gobbled down the Pomegranate and begged for more.  He said he really liked them and then begged me to buy more. 

He wanted to eat the other package I received, the Apple fruit bites.  I told him that he had to let his sister have those to try.  She did try them and said she didn't like them, so he gladly sampled them for her.  He liked these ones as well.

I didn't snag any of them since the label does warn that the product might have traces of wheat starch.  Since we sampled mid-hurricane here, I wasn't able to clarify the possible origin of the wheat starch.  However, I did reach Buddy Fruit's representative that explained that since they are manufactured in a facility that also makes products that contain wheat, they had to list the disclosure.  There is no wheat starch in the Buddy Fruits fruit bites (they list 100% fruit products as ingredients, other than the glazing agent); however, due to a shared facility, there is a chance that there may be traces of wheat on the product, so those with severe allergies need to be aware of that.

What I liked:  Buddy Fruits fruit bites have no preservatives, no colorings, and no genetic modification.  For me, no colorings was a big deal.  I am sensitive to blue food dye, so I can't eat foods that use blue dye 1 to color their products.  One Buddy Fruit = One portion of fruit.  I don't have to feel guilty for putting Buddy Fruit fruit bites in my child's lunch since it counts as a fruit!

Where to buy Buddy Fruits?  I used the store locator on their website and found that my new local Walmart carries them.  If you prefer to shop online (and in bulk) you can locate them at Amazon.com too!

Disclosure:  My thanks to Buddy Fruits for providing me with samples.  Though the product may have been provided to me at no cost to perform a review, the opinions stated herein are my own or related to my child's experience with the product.  This blog post is uncompensated.

1 comment:

Free samples and coupons said...

Great information thanks for sharing this with us. In fact in all posts of this blog their is something to learn and so much informative blog. I really impress with this blog. I get much information from there. I appreciate your work and Thanks.........