Thursday, September 08, 2011

Dr. Pepper TEN: Still tastes like diet... just with 10 extra calories. (review)

I am a big fan of Dr. Pepper.  I am not a diet soda drinker (unless there's absolutely nothing else to drink) at all and saw the new Dr. Pepper TEN for sale at my local Food Lion.  I thought, What the heck, I'll give it a try and put some in my cart.  I'm hoping my husband thinks the ten calories are worth it to him because I don't plan on drinking the rest of the 2-liter bottle.

First off, I have tried Diet Dr. Pepper.  I would have to agree... it does taste more like it's sugary counterpart than other sodas I've ever tried.  Dr. Pepper TEN tastes nearly identical to Diet Dr. Pepper, with perhaps just slightly less diet taste.  If you buy this product hoping it will taste more like regular Dr. Pepper because there are calories, you'll be disappointed.

"10 Bold Tasting Calories"?  Sorry, Dr. Pepper.  I was really hoping it would taste more like the regular Dr. Pepper because I do drink a lot of pop (read: empty calories).   For now, give me all my calories in the regular because I'm not willing to compromise on taste.

Disclosure:  I bought this product myself with no prompting from the company.  The opinions are mine. 

3 comments:

Hope said...

Thanks for sharing; I'm a Dr. Pepper fan too, and now I won't have to buy the new soda only to be disappointed myself :)

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

I cracked up when I saw the label with the "10 Bold Tasting Calories". Really? Cuz 10 calories would make the difference??

Anonymous said...

I actually think it tastes more like Dr. Pepper as opposed to a diet drink. Try it yourself before writing it off. I think most will be pleasantly surprised! My 2 cents.