Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kindle price drop to $79; How low can they go? Will this new Kindle be the hottest holiday gift this year?

  


As you might know, I keep an eye on prices for e-readers mainly because I own a nook and also because my 10 year old BEGS me all the time for one of her own.  Dropping below the $100 price point is great, but Kindle now has a $79 e-reader that may just be one of the hottest sellers this holiday season. 

In an open letter on Amazon.com, the new prices for Kindles are laid out, including the new $79 Kindle, which weighs less than 6 ounces and has a 6" display.  You'll still have the "special offers", which is targeted advertising, at this price point.  This Wi-Fi Kindle will also allow you to borrow books from your library (if they participate).




Disclosure:  I'm an Amazon affiliate and, therefore, if you happen to shop through any Amazon links on my site, it may result in me receiving a commission.  Trust me, I'm not getting rich on that...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You just made my day! My husband and I both have Kindles and I've been waiting to download books from the library but I didn't think it was available yet. I just checked my local library and it is! So off I go to download some books! Woo-hoo!