Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kleenex Cool Touch tissues - review of what I thought of them

I like to try new things.  It's one of my favorite things to do as a blogger!  So I always have an eye out for new products that arrive in stores.  I recently spied Kleenex Cool Touch, an "unscented" tissue that aims to sooth sore noses, at a Target store and couldn't pass up the chance to try them out. 

Softness....

Ah, these tissues are so soft and they're even thick.  I don't see myself blowing through one of these tissues as they're two-ply.  The Kleenex Cool Touch did feel very soft against my nose, almost velvety smooth.

Unscented?
  
To me, unscented means no scent.  As in smelling air that just doesn't smell like anything.  I did notice a slight scent to it that I didn't find completely unpleasant, yet didn't like either.  The product lists ingredients on the package and I can't quite put my finger on the ingredient that I smell.  However, it was not enough to turn me off.   You can definitely feel the difference between a regular tissue and the Kleenex Cool Touch.  Even just handling the Kleenex tissue left my fingers feeling soft.

Things to note!

These are not recommended for cleaning eye glasses (in fact, tissues in general are not recommended at all to clean your glasses).  I did think they were a little pricey and there are only 69 tissues in the box that I purchased for over $2 a box.  However, I would recommend these to those who have a red, raw nose from a pesky cold or for parents who have children who don't like their noses wiped.  My kids were never ones to enjoy their noses being wiped as toddlers until we started using tissues with aloe infused.

Your body heat activates the ingredients infused within the tissue, which I think is really cool.  The down side is that the company recommends that you use the Kleenex Cool Touch in an environment of 75 degrees or below, which makes me wonder about efficacy if stored in a hot car.

The rectangular box houses 69 tissues, while the square one only contains 50.  If they are the same price, go for the rectangular box to get more tissues for your money.

Disclosure:  I was not paid to write a review about Kleenex's new Cool Touch tissues.  I parted with my own money to buy a box of my own; therefore, there is no material connection.

No comments: