Monday, January 09, 2012

Netflix now available in the UK, Ireland...

I don't get all too many international visitors, but I found this press release today that announces that Netflix has launched in the UK and Ireland.  Why did this catch my eye?  Because I'm a fan of British TV!  I suppose my sense of humor runs along that dry kind that they like over across the pond and I am hopeful with the addition of the UK market that the offerings here in the U.S. will increase.

The price for streaming in the UK is 5.99 British Pounds Sterling, which, according to Google when I searched for a currency converter, is about $9.24 USD.  Ireland is 6.99 Euro (or about $8.88 USD). Those in the U.K. and Ireland can sign up for a 1-month free trial at Netflix.com. 

Here's hoping some more Britcoms will become available here due to this new market being added.

No comments: