Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits -- marshmallows for your Keurig hot cocoa!


Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits:  How many times have you wished for more of those marshmallows in your cocoa?  One time, I did write a manufacturer to BEG for someone to actually market a product like this.  I eat gluten free and ya know, marshmallows would be great to toss in my GF cereal. I plead guilty to stealing the charms out of Lucky Charms as a way to hurry the kids up in the morning (it's amazing how fast they can go when you stand there literally eating the charms... mean mommy!) 

When we got the Keurig from the Kohl's deal recently, one thing my daughter noted was a lack o' marshmallows.  She lamented that the K-cup didn't have mallows and wished they'd cram them in the box in single serve packets.  So when I saw these at the Dollar General for $1.25 (with a handy .50/1 coupon right there making them 75 cents each), I had to give them a try.  They currently have vanilla and chocolate flavored marshmallows, though I only purchased the vanilla.

I'll go easy on these (blue #1), but they tasted just like the marshmallows you'd find in cereal or cocoa.  Heck, there's even a recipe on the packaging for Hot Cocoa Cookies.

Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
Product size:  3 oz
Ingredients:  Sugar, corn syrup, water, modified corn starch, contains less than 2% of gelatin, sodium phosphates, natural and artificial flavor, blue 1.

One thing I did notice was the expiration date --- the package I got expires in February 2013, far sooner than I'd expect.

Disclosure:  Hey, I bought these on my own.  I wasn't paid to write about this product, but am sharing a coupon deal and what I think is a cool product.

No comments: